Although it is okay to speak about the topics of mental health, suicide, and self-harm in a supportive and non-harmful way, we must still control some of the contents.
While you’re posting content
Do not post content on SurgBuddy if it fits any of the descriptions below.
- Content promoting or glorifying suicide, eating disorders or self-harm.
- Instructions on how to die by suicide or engage in self-harm.
- Graphic images of self-harm.
- Visuals of bodies of suicide victims.
- Blurred imagery in combination with details or visuals that show the method of suicide.
- Content showing participation in or instructions for suicide and self-harm challenges.
- Suicide notes or letters.
- Content showing eating disorders in a good manner.
- Content promoting eating disorders.
- Content that contains instructions for drastic and unhealthy weight loss when shared together with terms associated with eating disorders.
- Content that focuses on depiction of ribs, collar bones, thigh gaps, hips, concave stomach or protruding spine or scapula when shared together with terms associated with eating disorders.
- Content that mocks victims or survivors of suicide, self-injury or eating disorders who are either publicly known or implied to have experienced suicide or self-harm.
Please note that these are just some examples, and do not post content if you think it might violate this policy. If you’ve come across contents include one or more of the above, please report it.